1. Combine the orange juice, lemon juice, butter and sugar in a small, heavy-bottomed saucepan.
2. Place the ginger in a garlic press, squeeze approx. 1½ tbsp of juice from the finely grated ginger and add it to the saucepan.
3. Bring the mixture to a boil, then simmer over a low heat, uncovered, for about 5 min. Remove the pot from the heat and skim the foam off the butter mixture.
4. Beat the eggs in a bowl, then beat in a little of the warm butter mixture.
5. Now pour the warm egg mixture into the saucepan, stirring constantly for about 30 seconds, over a low heat.
6. Remove the saucepan from the heat and continue to stir for a few minutes, so the curd doesn’t stick to the bottom.
7. Stir in the pistachios, then pour the orange curd into a jar and refrigerate for approximately 24 hours.
The orange curd will stay fresh in the refrigerator for up to 14 days.