1. Preheat the oven to 200°C.
2. Bring a pot of water to the boil. Simmer the pears for about 6 minutes. Remove the pears from the water and drain well.
3. Add the sugar, honey, vinegar, fennel seeds and sea salt to a bowl. Combine well. Place the pears into an ovenproof dish and spoon over 3/4 of the honey mixture.
4. Cover the dish with alfoil and bake for about 20 minutes or until just tender.
5. Remove the alfoil and baste the pears with the remaining honey mixture. Bake for another 25 - 30 minutes until the pears are golden.
6. Serve on a platter with slices of Castello® Double Cream Chilli and almonds. Spoon over a little extra honey if desired. Enjoy!
Serve the pears with a little pickle, cheese and focaccia.