1. Begin by preparing all the vegetables. Slice the eggplant into ¼ inch thick pieces and slice the tomatoes. Slice the capsicums in half, removing the seeds. Mince the garlic using a knife or garlic press and chop the fresh basil.
2. To make the blue cheese spread, combine the blue cheese with the ricotta and chopped basil. Set it aside.
3. Next begin preparation of the sandwiches by whisking the vinegar, oil, rosemary and garlic. Season with salt and pepper and set aside.
4. Turn on the grill. Brush the eggplant, tomato and capsicum with balsamic marinade. Grill the vegetables until soft.
5. Spread the bottom of the rolls with blue cheese spread. Layer the grilled vegetables with the basil leaves. Serve warm or room temperature.