1. Preheat the oven to 175°C (fan setting).
2. Warm the milk and water over low heat. It should feel hot but not burning to the touch. Dissolve the yeast in the milk and set aside.
3. Sift the flour into a large bowl. Add the salt and spices and combine.
4. Make a small well in the center of the flour mixture and add the butter and milk. In a separate bowl beat the egg slightly, then add to the flour mixture also.
5. Combine quickly until the dough comes together. Knead the dough for approximately 10 minutes by hand on a well-floured surface. You can also use an electric mixer.
6. Put the dough back into the bowl and let it rise, covered with a cloth, for approximately 1 hour until it's doubled in size.
7. When the dough has risen, dump it out onto a floured surface and knock the air out of it. Knead the raisins and apricots through the dough.
8. Divide the dough into 12 buns and place them on a baking sheet lined with baking paper. Let them rise again under a cloth for about 30 minutes.
9. Combine the ingredients for the cross and pour the mixture into a pastry bag.
10. Before putting the buns in the oven, draw a little cross on each bun using the mixture in the pastry bag.
11. Bake for approximately 17 minutes until golden brown on top.
12. Meanwhile, combine the sugar and boiling water for the glaze.
13, When the buns are done, place them on a cooling rack and immediately brush with the glaze.
14. Serve with apricots and slices of Castello® Double Cream Brie.