1. Remove the Castello Creamy White from the fridge, ideally an hour before serving.
2. To make the syrup, split the vanilla pod lengthwise and place in a saucepan together with the blueberries, cane sugar and water. Bring the mixture to a boil and cook over medium heat for approx. 30 minutes or until you have a thick syrup. Drain the berries, being sure to reserve the syrup.
3. To make the pancakes, mix the flour and baking powder. Whisk the milk into the flour mixture. Beat in the rest of the ingredients.
4. Heat a frying pan over medium-high heat. When hot, melt a bit of butter on the pan to coat. Then pour approximately 50ml of the batter into the hot frying pan. Cook the pancake for about 2 minutes on each side.
5. Place your cooked pancakes on a plate. Cut the Castello Creamy White and arrange it on top of the pancakes, along with the blueberry syrup. Garnish with blueberries and a sprinkling of icing sugar.
If you're serving these pancakes as part of a boozy brunch, they go great with a New World Chardonnay.