1. Cut the apples up into chunks, keeping the peel and the core. Pour the liquid through a fine-meshed cloth.
2. Combine the water, apples and lemons sliced in half in a pot and bring to a boil. Boil until the apples turn to mush – approx. 40 minutes.
3. Pour the liquid through a fine-meshed cloth, reserving all of the liquid. Discard the solids.
4. Put the liquid back into the bot, and combine with the sugar. Boil for 10 minutes.
5. Remove from heat and skim off any impurities or foam, as they will make the jelly cloudy.
6. Pour into jars, and let cool. Serve with your favorite cheese.