1. Grate the carrots and drain in a cloth (there should be 200g after the juice has been drained off).
2. Combine the oatmeal and flour.
3. Grate the Castello® Extra Mature Cheddar.
4. Combine all the ingredients and form into a solid mass.
5. Roll out between two pieces of baking parchment.
6. Pre-bake at 200°C for approx. 15-20 min.
7. For the Sauce: Finley chop the oregano with some salt and combine with the remaining ingredients.
8. For the Pizza toppings: Rinse the portobello mushrooms and sauté in a pan with a little butter.
9. Cover the pizza with all the ingredients except the carrot and bake for approx. 5-7 min. until the cheese has melted.
10. Top with fresh carrot shavings and fresh basil.
Pairing wine with spicy sausages such as chorizo means going for wines that are fruity, aromatic and off-dry whites. They flow in great contrast with their stronger sense of sugar and manage to counterbalance any heat in a refreshing rush of sweetness. Look for white wines such as Moscato and Pinot grigio. For red wines, light is the way to go. Exclusively look for dry, acidic and crisp reds, such as Zinfandel or Barbera d'Asti.
Resting on pizza crust glazed in a sweet tomato sauce with pickled red peppers and fresh basil, a gathering of sliced chorizo, carrots and Portobello mushrooms provide colourful contrasts on both plate and palate. Baked from a blend of oatmeal, peeled carrots, eggs and Castello® Extra Mature Cheddar, the crust of this unique mushroom pizza fulfils in savoury flavour and crisp texture – enjoy!