1. Wash blood oranges and lemon well.
2. Thinly slice oranges, or use mandolin, removing seeds as you go
3. . Stack and slice into quarters and place in a medium pot.
4. Zest and juice the lemon and add to the pot.
5. Add 3 cups water and bring to a boil. Boil 10 minutes.
6. Turn heat down to medium and simmer for 40 minutes, or until rinds are tender.
7. Add sugar, stirring to combine.
8. Bring to a boil and then turn heat to medium so it is gently boiling.
9. Continue cooking until it reaches 220°F (check with a candy thermometer), about 15 minutes. Be careful not to walk away as it could easily burn.
10. Remove to cool and refrigerate.
1. Place cheese in three different areas on a large cutting board or platter.
2. Slice a few servings and ensure there is a cheese knife for each cheese.
3. Slice fruits and place around the board according to color.
4. Add small bowls of nuts, honey, marmalade, mustard and olives in separate areas on the board with small serving utensils.
4. Slice baguette and serve on the side or tuck into the board.
5. Garnish with rosemary sprigs or citrus leaves.