1. Cook the macaroni pasta according to the packet instructions in a large pan of boiling salted water until al dente.
2. In a saucepan add milk and cream and bring to a boil. Season with whole grain mustard, freshly ground pepper and salt.
3. Grate Castello® Creamy Havarti Cheese and mix with corn starch.
4. Turn the hob down to a medium heat and stir in grated Creamy Havarti Cheese with the corn starch, ensuring that you’re continually stirring the mixture until the cheese has melted and the sauce is smooth.
5. Drain the macaroni and add to the cheese sauce. Carefully stir for 3-4 minutes until the macaroni is covered with sauce.
6. Season with nutmeg and serve straight away.
Macaroni cheese is universally loved for its great versatility. The dish has become a staple menu item in renowned restaurants across the globe and has spawned many variations as a result. At Castello® we love macaroni cheese with a passion, and our recipes of the celebrated dish are sure to satisfy even your deepest cravings. Laced with an unyielding sweetness, our Butternut Macaroni Cheese is a clear choice for evenings that need sweetening, while the tongue-tickling Buffalo Chicken Macaroni Cheese delights in both heat and flavour. Luncheons and potlucks are perfect places to bring our incredibly easy Crockpot Macaroni Cheese, and our Lobster Macaroni Cheese is sure to dazzle and impress wherever it goes. With our easy to follow recipes, trying them all is as easy as ever.