1. Place the Castello Pineapple & Almond Cream Cheese into a stand mixer with a paddle attachment. Beat until smooth, then add in the sugar, lemon juice and salt. Mix until incorporated on medium speed. Then, on a low-speed mix, add in the milk and cream until well incorporated and the sugar is dissolved. Beat on high for 1 minute and then pour into a shallow tray. Cover with cling film and freeze for at least 4 hours or overnight.
2. When ready to make the cookies, preheat the oven to 180°C.
3. Using an electric mixer, beat the butter and sugar together on a medium speed until pale and fluffy. Add in the egg yolk and almond extract.
4. Reduce mixer speed to low and sift in the flour, almond flour, baking soda and salt.
5. Spoon even sized balls - about a tablespoon in size - onto a lined baking tray. Leave plenty of space in between as they spread roughly 4 x in width. Bake for 12-14 minutes or until the edges start to brown. Cool the cookies completely and store in an airtight container.
6. To serve, using a cookie cutter roughly the size of the cookies, cut a round of cream cheese ice cream to fit inside your cookie sandwich, press together and enjoy the deliciously fruity and creamy flavours right away!