- 8 carrots cut into short rods (Approx 600 g)
- 4 cups of boiling water
- 2 tbsp pumpkin oil or other type of oil
- 2 tsp finely grated lime zest
- 1 tbsp freshly squeezed lime juice
- ½ tsp salt
- freshly ground pepper
- 50g pumpkin seeds (about 1 cup)
- 1 tsp salt
- 150g Castello Organic Blue
- 100 g romaine lettuce torn into smaller pieces
- 1 lime
- 200 g of country bread
Marinated carrots with pumpkin seeds
Add the carrots in a bowl and pour boiling water over.
Let the carrots sit for approx. 2 minutes. Drain and toss them with 1 tbsp of pumpkin oil, lime zest, juice, salt and pepper. Let the carrots marinate for approx. 15 minutes and season to taste. Add 1 tbsp of the pumpkin oil in a pan on low heat. Toast pumpkin seeds over low heat, while stirring for approx. 1 minute. Let pumpkin seeds dry on paper towel and sprin-kle them with salt. Cut the cheese into thin triangles.
Add a bed of romaine lettuce in a bowl. Spread the marinated carrots, cheese and roasted pumpkin seeds.
Add lime wedges on the dish and serve immediately with bread on the side.