1. Preheat oven to 130ºC.
2. Pat the short ribs dry with a paper towel, season with salt and black pepper and dust with flour. Shake off excess flour.
3. Add ribs to a large ovenproof saucepan and cook on medium-high heat to sear both sides. Remove ribs from saucepan and add onions, carrots and garlic. Cook until golden.
4. Add tomato purée and continue to cook for 1 minute. Deglaze the saucepan with red wine and continue to cook until reduces by one half, about 5 minutes. Add the short ribs and veal stock and bring to a simmer.
5. Cover with a lid and carefully place in oven. Slow roast for 3 to 4 hours, or until short ribs are tender and fall apart. Turn ribs 2 to 3 times during this time.
6. Remove short ribs from cooking liquid and place in a covered pan to keep warm. Strain the cooking liquid and place in a medium saucepan; simmer until thickened, keep warm.
7. When the ribs are cool enough to handle, shred the meat into bite-sized pieces; cover again and set aside.
8. For the the Castello® Cheddar Mashed Potatoes - In a large saucepan of salted water, boil the potatoes until tender.
9. Drain and mash with butter and milk. Fold in cheese. Season with nutmeg, salt and pepper. Top with fresh chives.
10. Place potatoes and short ribs on four serving dishes. Garnish with short rib reduction, cherry tomatoes and scallions.