1. Preheat your oven to 200C (fan on).
2. Melt the butter in a pan.
3. Meanwhile, grease your muffin tin (8 holes).
4. Once melted, brush the filo pastry with the butter and layer 3 pieces on top of each other in each muffin hole. Bake for approx. 10 minutes, or until golden and crisp.
5. Mix your Castello Velvet Blue and crème fraiche together in a bowl, add salt to taste. (Save 1/3 of your Castello Velvet Blue to crumble at the end.)
6. Cut the figs into wedges and slice the ham in half.
7. Fill the filo pies with your creamy cheese filling, top with ham, figs and crumble more Velvet Blue on top.
8. Add some fresh oregano and a bit of honey and serve straight away.
Make the creamy cheese and the crispy filo in advance, so you can enjoy a freshly baked filo pastry pie ready in no time.
For the best result, make sure the filo does not dry out by covering it with a piece of baking paper or a dry tea towel, which you then cover with a damp tea towel. Keep the filo pastry covered like this until you are ready to use it.
Serve the mini filo pies as part of a bigger buffet of finger foods or on their own as a pre-dinner snack