1. Beat the eggs and add ½ the milk.
2. Add flour and baking powder and keep whisking until there is no lumps, add the rest of the milk and the butter.
3. Place in an airtight container and leave to rest in the refrigerator for 2 hours. It is very important that the batter is chilled, it is also an option to store in the fridge overnight.
4. Preheat the oven to 225°C (convection oven).
5. Generously grease the mini muffin tins with butter, pour in the chilled batter to the edge of each cup.
6. Place a 1 tsp of Castello's Pineapple and Almond cream cheese ring in the centre of each piece of batter, and bake in the oven right away for 15 minutes.
7. Allow to cool, and enjoy!
You can enjoy your muffin with cream cheese filling straight from the oven, but you can also let it cool and decorate it with frosting and a small slice of fresh pineapple.
You can also give your muffins some crunchiness by making a crumble to put on top of your cream cheese muffins before baking. Follow the muffin cream cheese recipe and make a crumble of flour, sugar, and cold butter to put on top before baking. When it is finished, you will have a crunchy and golden-brown crumble on top of your soft and mushy muffin.