1. Cook the rice according to instructions on the package.
2. Toss the rice with the coconut, ginger, and chili while it is still hot.
3. Place the rice in two serving bowls and add the edamame beans.
4. Brush the salmon with sriracha sauce and cut into large cubes.
5. Sear the salmon on all sides in a hot pan.
6. Add the honey. Let the salmon sear and caramelise. Remove the pan from the heat.
7. Add the honey seared salmon to the coconut rice bowls.
8. Cut Castello® Chili and Ginger Cream Cheese Ring into bite size pieces and add them to the rice and salmon.
9. Top everything with crispy nori and serve with a sprinkle of sesame seeds, coriander and soy sauce.
10. Enjoy the delicious multifaceted flavours and vibrant colours of your rice bowl!
Add garlic to the water when you boil the rice to add extra flavour.
Top off the rice bowl with fresh herbs such as Thai basil, mint, or coriander. These can also be mixed with the other toppings or added to a dressing.
The most time-consuming part of the recipe is to boil the rice so to save time you can boil it in advance, so it is ready when you want to make the rice bowls. Heat the rice or serve it cold.
If you like the bowl concept, you might also be interested in smoothie bowls – the idea is similar, you just have fruits and berries as the base instead of rice. They are perfect for breakfast or as an afternoon snack.