1. For the Baked strawberries with olive oil: Hull the strawberries. Slice them in half and put them in a small ovenproof dish.
2. Sprinkle them with sugar, stir carefully and let them stew for about 15 minutes.
3. Add the balsamic vinegar, olive oil and black pepper.
4. Bake at 140°C for 20-25 minutes until tender. The baking time depends on how ripe the berries are.
5. Allow to cool, then store in a glass container.
6. For the Smoked Castello Creamy White 300g: Combine the ingredients in the smoking tray.
7. Place the smoking tray directly onto the coals or over a burner so it starts producing smoke quickly. Close the lid of the grill to let the smoke collect.
8. Allow the smoke to build up for 10 minutes and then pop in the cheese. Avoid any direct heat and place the cheese as far from the heat source as possible.
9. Smoke the cheese for approx. 12-20 minutes. The longer you leave it, the stronger the smoked flavour.
10. Serve with the baked strawberries and some good bread.
It’s best to place the cheese on an aluminium foil tray or similar grill-proof container. The cheese should also be as cold as possible when you put it in so it doesn’t melt too quickly. Take it straight from the fridge or give it an hour in the freezer before putting it on the grill.