1. With a handheld blender, blend buttermilk with spring onion and jalapeño.
2. Mix in mayonnaise, then add white wine vinegar and salt to taste.
1. Boil water. Add the sugar snap peas to the boiling water and boil until crisp-tender and bright green, 2–3 minutes.
2. Drain and run under cold water until cooled. Drain well.
3. Cut peas into slices.
4. Shuck the corn and bring to a boil in a large saucepan with water.
5. Boil the corn until tender then remove with tongs to cool.
6. Cut the lettuce roughly, cut the radishes into cubes, and slice the spring onions.
7. Cut avocado into cubes.
8. Serve lettuce, sugar snap peas, corn, radishes, spring onions, avocado, bacon, and Creamy Havarti in a large bowl or on a platter.
9. Serve immediately with jalapeño ranch.
How to make your salad with avocado extra delicious: The creaminess of the avocado sits well with crisp vegetables. But adding Creamy Havarti brings out an extra dimension of creaminess. The mild taste of the avocado and the creamy texture of the Havarti is an excellent combination. The same goes for salad with corn: you can easily add an extra dimension of creaminess that complements the slightly crisp corn perfectly. Avocado in salad is a popular pick and being able to add a little extra something to your version of this favorite dish, will highly likely please anyone lucky enough to have a taste.
Bacon and cheese in salad - you won't regret it! Maybe the thought of salad with cheese is new to you. Maybe the thought of salad with bacon seems odd. But if you think about it: a lovely summer salad with corn and avocado is delicious. The same goes for cheese and bacon. So why wouldn't the combination of three delicious elements add up to even more deliciousness? Cheese in salad is an overseen master stroke, as it contributes with both taste and texture. When you use cheese in salad you get that extra pep that is usually difficult to put your finger on, but really makes a difference for the overall impression. If you like the creamy texture, we believe that our Creamy Castello Havarti is a good bet for the best cheese for salad. The bacon bits bring a salty taste and a crispy texture to balance the creaminess of the cheese and avocado. So even though a salad with bacon bits may not sound light and summerish, the bacon bits marry very well with the other ingredients in this summer salad. Our summer salad with bacon bits, corn, jalapeño-ranch dressing, etc. is easy to make and easy to adjust to your preferences. Check different summer salad recipes for inspiration and try out your own ideas to create the best summer salad with corn, avocado, and what you like.
What is a summer salad? Summer salads are usually served outside, enjoyed alongside a barbeque or as part of a picnic, and hopefully in good company. But the thing about summer salads that set them apart is the inclusion of seasonal vegetables and seasonal flavors. It is easier to get your hands on fresh produce during summer, and for a salad like this one with avocado, corn, lettuce and peas, it will elevate the experience using fresh produce. With that said, of course you can make a salad with avocado and a salad with corn any time a year. Give this salad with corn and avocado and Creamy Castello Havarti a try. You won’t regret it.