1. Cut the salt pork into small cubes and combine with the ground meat.
2. Add the remaining ingredients and mix into a paste. Form into 4 patties.
3. Crush or blend the juniper berries and combine with the sour cream, vinegar, dijon mustard and salt.
4. Preheat the oven to 175°C.
5. Arrange the carrots on a baking sheet or ovenproof dish and coat them in oil, salt and rose pepper. Oven-roast for approx. 15 min.
6. Thinly slice the fennel and combine with the lemon and salt.
7. Barbecue the burgers for 2-3 min. on each side. Cover with cheese and let melt.
8. Toast the buns then top with juniper berry cream, lettuce, fennel and patties.