1. Grate the beetroot and drain in a cloth (there should be 200g after the juice has been drained off).
2. Grind the sunflower seeds into a flour using a mortar and pestle.
3. Combine all the ingredients for the crust and form into a solid mass. Place the mass between two pieces of baking paper and roll out to a thin round crust.
4. Pre-bake the crust at 200°C for approximately 15 minutes.
5. Rinse and dry the curly kale, then chop into smaller pieces and massage with oil, salt and pepper.
6. Spread the kale onto a baking sheet. Bake in the oven at 170°C for approx. 10-15 minutes until crisp (It burns easily, so keep a close watch.)
7. Take the pre-baked pizza crust and top with the Castello® Creamy Havarti, pear slices and Castello® Mellow Black. Bake for approx. 5-7 minutes until the cheese has melted.
8. Once out of the oven, top with the baked kale and sliced almonds and drizzle with olive oil.
A perfect drink for the perfect bite, pairing your favourite meal with the right beverage is a sure-fire way of giving your entire experience a big lift, and it is a lot easier than you would think! It is all about finding the balance between contrasts, and when you cater to the strongest flavours in your dish, finding that perfect equalizer comes naturally.