1. Grate the beetroot and drain in a cloth (there should be 200g after the juice has been drained off)
2. Grind the sunflower seeds into a flour
3. Combine all the ingredients for the crust and form into a solid mass. Place the mass between two pieces of baking parchment, and roll out to a thin round crust.
4. Pre-bake the crust at 200°C for approx. 15 min.
5. Rinse and dry the curly kale, then chop into smaller pieces and massage with oil, salt and pepper.
6. Spread the kale onto a baking sheet. Bake in the oven at 170°C for approx. 10-15 min until crisp. (It burns easily, so keep a close watch.)
7. Cut the pear into slices.
8. Take the pre-baked pizza crust and top with the Castello® Mature Cheddar, pear slices and Castello® Danablu. Bake for approx. 5-7 min. until the cheese has melted.
9. Once out of the oven, top with the baked kale and chopped almonds and drizzle with olive oil.
A perfect drink for the perfect bite, pairing your favourite meal with the right beverage is a sure-fire way of giving your entire experience a big lift, and it is a lot easier than you would think! It is all about finding the balance between contrasts, and when you cater to the strongest flavours in your dish, finding that perfect equalizer comes naturally.