1. Dissolve the yeast in the water and let it stand for about 5 minutes, then stir in the salt, sugar, oil and eggs. Next, stir in the flour and knead the dough for approximately 7-8 minutes by hand or using a stand mixer.
2. Place the dough in an oiled bowl, cover with a damp cloth and leave to rise in a warm place until it has doubled in size.
3. Punch down the dough, and divide it into 12 equal portions. Roll each portion into uniformly shaped balls, then use your thumb to make a hole in the middle. Make the hole large as it will shrink slightly during cooking.
4. Place the bagels on a baking sheet and cover with a damp towel. Let them rise for about 15 minutes.
5. Fill a large pot or sauté pan with water and bring to boil, then turn down the heat to simmering. Boil each bagel for about 2 minutes on each side, then remove from the water, place them on a baking sheet and sprinkle with sunflower or sesame seeds, if desired.
6. Finally, bake at 200°C for around 15-17 minutes. They should sound hollow when tapped on the bottom and be slightly golden underneath.
7. Let the bagels cool down a bit, then cut them in half and layer the toppings between the two halves: Castello Chives & Spring Onion Cream Cheese, smoked salmon, sliced onion, capers, and some dill.
8. Enjoy the delicious creamy, herby and salty flavours!