Turkish Scrambled Eggs
Create this Mediterranean delicacy in your own kitchen with this recipe for Turkish scrambled eggs, perfect for brunch. Filled with tantalising flavours, make something special with the ingredients you already have, and amplify the taste with Castello Danish Blue cheese.
Here’s what you’ll need for your Turkish scrambled eggs:
• 15g of butter
• 1 onion
• 1 red pepper
• 200g chorizo
• 2 tomatoes
• 1 tsp chilli flakes
• 8 free range eggs
• 25g Castello Danish Blue cheese
• A handful of finely chopped parsley leaves
• Buttered toast to serve
• Sea salt and black pepper
1. Melt the butter in a large frying pan over a medium heat and finely chop the onion, pepper and chorizo, adding to the pan. Mix well and cook, stirring occasionally for 8-10 minutes until the onion and pepper are soft and the chorizo is crispy.
2. Finely chop the garlic and tomatoes before adding them into the pan with the chilli flakes and a good pinch of sea salt and. Mix well and cook for 4-5 minutes, stirring occasionally until the tomatoes break down.
3. Meanwhile, whisk the eggs together with plenty of salt and pepper and pour into the pan. Leave to set for a minute and then cook, stirring occasionally for 2-3 minutes or until soft set
4. Crumble half of the cheese into the mixture with the finely chopped parsley and mix well. Divide into four servings and garnish with the remaining cheese and parsley, serving while hot with buttered toast.